Kids and Weapons ------ I'm probably getting a lot of negative feedback about this however so be it. Just prior to taking a seat for Thanksgiving dinner I read the local paper and came across an article entitled, "How young is too young to hunt?" The newspaper had a picture of a young boy, 6 years of ages holding a. 223 quality rifle with a scope. He was all dressed up in camouflage gear. The short article talked about this young child killing his first deer when he was 5 years of ages with one shot from his.223 quality rifle. The boy himself was thrilled as he talked to the press reporter.

" I shot it right behind the front shoulder. Dropped it ideal in its tracks," the boy said. This kid of 6 stands 4 feet high and weighs 50 pounds. He's an excellent student that made an award for obligation in kindergarten that year. KINDERGARTEN!

But he 'd rather be searching. "I like it," he said. "Shooting a gun and shooting at the animals and killing them."

The article went on to discuss a 8 year old woman that made headlines last month by shooting the very first black bear of the season. This remained in Maryland and there is no minimum age limitation for hunting. You need to be sixteen or eighteen in a lot of states to drive an automobile but you can shoot a. 223 caliber rifle with a scope at 5 years of ages. Now, I need to say that although I am not a hunter, I am not opposed to searching. I am likewise not opposed to guns. I own one myself. After all, it's legal to carry a concealed weapon in Florida (It refers state pride that we return fire in a drive by!) But, I do shiver when I think about a 5 or six years of age in the woods with a. 223 quality weapon, even if they are with their Father who may be a professional hunter. A. 223 quality rifle can kill somebody or something a mile away. Beyond that, how do we identify that the maturity level and the duty level of a six years of age are such that what is discovered weapons in the woods stays in the woods when that child starts to develop?

Yes, the federal government invested a great deal of money on a study that said, "Guns do not turn children into crooks." This study concluded the best way to minimize firearm related violence is to purchase them a weapon and teach them how to use it properly. Provide me a Break!

Let's not forget, guns are uncontrolled consumer items. In Texas guns are stated to eliminate six kids and teenagers every week of every school year. I personally believe that guns and kids are a volatile combination. Between 1996 and 2000, 1,541 kids died in Texas from gun violence and for every single kid that passed away, 4 others went to the emergency room for gun related injury. 6 from ten kid suicides are finished using weapons. And this is just in Texas.

To close my RANT and OUTRAGE about a 5 year old with a. 223 quality rifle, I want to website a job called the "Lion & Lamb Hyperlinks". This was a research study that asked the concern, "Exactly what do you think your pre-schooler would do if she or he discovered a real weapon-- after consistently warned NOT to touch a gun." The outcomes of this project are shocking.

When you loved this post and you wish to receive much more information about foxpro fusion call please visit our own page.
이 게시물을..